WE HAVE GREAT NEWS!
Effective Monday, June 1, 2020, we will be open to resume general and preventive dental care to our patients and we are confident we can provide a safe environment for you and your family. We will be open to provide routine dental checkups as well as completing any outstanding dental treatment. As we have been throughout this pandemic, we are still available for any and all emergency appointments. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any moment.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
To that end, you will notice several changes in our office and our office policies which are focused on increasing everyone’s personal safety:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked these same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will make every effort to accommodate your choice of day, time and provider, however we ask that you be as flexible as possible as we return to our “new normal”.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any time.
- We are limiting any extra guests in our office. Please limit to one guardian or parent for the patient being treated. All others will be asked to wait outside or in their car.
- Families will be advised to wait in their cars until we are ready for them. Please call us upon arrival and we will call you when we are ready.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Universal screening of all patients and their parents or companions will be performed with a non- contact infrared thermometer.
- Patients and/or guardians must arrive with a mask or face covering which should be worn at all times.
- We’ve installed a temporary plexiglass barrier in the checkout area.
- We’ve installed an air purification system with UV light technology to provide the highest level of air purification available. This system will purify air throughout the entire office, not just our treatment rooms!
All of our team members are health screened daily. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. For a quick reference please see the infographic we’ve created below.
To make an appointment or for any questions, please call our office at (201) 391-4466 or visit our website at www.chestnutridgedental.com and our Facebook page for current updates.
Thank you for being our patient! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Not a patient yet? We’re a caring and concerned group who listens to how you feel during procedures and caters our approach to every patient – we even offer dental anesthesiology services to a wide variety of patients (just contact us beforehand). We’re easy to talk to and strive to make our office a comfortable, relaxing environment. And we don’t keep our patients waiting. We do our very best to keep to our schedules so you can keep to yours!
With your health, safety and smiles in mind,
Dr. Samuel Mufson, Dr. Christopher Lota, Dr. Joe Lota, and the whole Chestnut Ridge Dental Team