You may be nervous about venturing out for a needed dental procedure or visit the dentist for a cleaning or regular exam. It is essential to take care of your oral health, even during a pandemic. Your oral health is linked to your overall health, and neglecting dental hygiene and care can negatively affect your overall health. Even during a pandemic, it is still safe and important to go to the dentist. There are many safety recommendations and protocols that the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have laid out for dental offices to protect patients.
In June, a study by the American Dental Association (the nation’s largest dental association and leading source of oral health-related information for dentists and patients) found that fewer than 1% of dentists nationwide were estimated to be COVID-19 positive. This is great news and means that the safety protocols that dental offices have in place are working.
Office COVID Policies
At Chestnut Ridge Dental, we are committed to doing everything possible to keep our patients and staff safe during these times. We have continued to remain up-to-date on any new rulings, recommendations, or protocols that may be issued by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA. We do this to ensure that our safety measures and procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We’ve continued to have many health and safety measures in place to protect our patients and staff during this time.
- There are temperature checks for all staff and patients who enter our office. Our non-contact infrared temperature scanner helps limit contact while still get an accurate reading.
- We will ask COVID-screening questions and have you fill out a questionnaire before your appointment.
- Face coverings are always required for our patients and staff. We require you to wear face coverings when you’re not in the exam chair.
- We have installed temporary plexiglass barriers in our recaption and checkout area.
- We ask that you call the office from your car when you arrive for your appointment to ensure that we can maintain social distancing in our waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer throughout the office, reception area, and other places for you to use as needed.
Chestnut Ridge Dental is open and safely serving all our patients. Contact us today at (201) 391-4466 to schedule an appointment!